COVID-19: How to prevent spread (HSE Advice)
The Department of Health has asked all schools to inform parents/ guardians and students about the simple steps that can be taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The HSE has a website for the general public to access information on COVID-19. You can access this website here.
The risk of contracting coronavirus is quite low. The HSE requests that we all do the following:
- Wash your hands properly and regularly.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze. (Use your sleeve if you do not have a tissue.)
- Place used tissues in a bin and wash your hands properly.
- Clean and disinfect frequenly touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs.
We are asked not to touch our eyes, nose or mouth if our hands are not clean.
Carrick-on-Shannon Community School follows public health advice in relation to extra-curricular activities. There will be no school tours during the academic year 2020/ 2021. For now, there will be no school teams etc. This decision has been made to ensure that all students can make up for time lost in school last March and April and to ensure the health and safety of all those in our community.