Book Rental Scheme
In 2017 we completed a review of the operation of our Book Rental Scheme. The scheme enables students to access textbooks at a fraction of the cost of purchasing a secondary school booklist.
Book Rental Scheme 2018 / 2019
- All students will be asked to ‘opt-in’ or ‘opt-out’ of the scheme. Students who choose not to participate in the school Book Rental Scheme will receive a School Booklist by post to enable them to purchase their books for their return to school. The school Homework Journal will be available to purchase from the school for €15.
- The cost of the Book Rental 2018/ 2019 is €80 per student and must be paid by all students participating in the scheme. This will cover the cost of providing a student with their class textbooks and school journal for one year. Where a family has three or more children attending the school, their contribution to the scheme will be capped at €200.
- The Book Rental Scheme will not cover the cost of extra classroom materials such as copies, pens, examination papers etc. A selection of stationary will be available through the school shop throughout the year.
- All textbooks remain the property of the school and must be returned by the student at the end of each academic year. Any student who fails to return their books will be liable for the replacement cost of same.
- As this is a rental scheme aimed at reducing the cost of providing schoolbooks for parents/ guardians, students will receive a mixture of new and secondhand books.
- Only one set of books will be provided to each student. Each student will be provided with one Homework Journal under the Book Rental Scheme. Replacement journals are provided through the school at a cost of €15.
- Textbooks which are lost during the year must be replaced by the student, at full cost if necessary.
- Where a parent/ guardian of a student has a medical card and wishes to participate in the scheme, a discounted rate of €40 per student will be applied on presentation of the medical card at the school office.
- Payment for the Book Rental Scheme should be made either to the school office before the school re-opens or on the day the student returns to the school. Books will not be given to students who have not paid for the rental of the books.
- Students who are following the Transition Year and Leaving Certificate Applied courses are required to pay the Book Rental Scheme.
The new scheme reduces the overall cost of the Book Rental Scheme for the vast majority of our students and ensures that the scheme is viable into the future.
Co. Leitrim. N41 VX63.
Phone: 071 9620880
Fax: 071 9621703