Carrick-on-Shannon Community School will continue to deliver it's educational services online throughout the month of February 2021.
A roll call will be taken at the start of each class and students are expected to participate as they would if we were teaching and learning in the school building.
A guide as to what you can expect from our school during this time is available below:
As we all want to return to the school building as soon as possible, we hope that everyone is following the government advice to stay at home (except for essential journeys)as this is the most effective method to slow the spread of COVID-19. In light of this,we are requesting that all parents/ guardians take some time over the coming days to reinforce the importance of the following steps in fighting the spread of COVID-19:
- Keep a physical distance of 2m from others
- Wear a face covering when out and about
- Wash/ sanitize your hands regularly (for 20 seconds) throughout the day
- Always have a tissue to hand and use it when coughing or sneezing and dispose of it correctly after use
Above all, we hope every member of our school community stays safe at this time.
Changes to Our School
Those of you who are familar with the school will notice some new additions as we have been busy making some changes to make things safer for our school community.
Some of these changes include:
- Social distance floor stickers
- Teacher screens
- 5 Additional classrooms in the complex
- Hand sanitiser and tissue stations in each classroom
- Isolation room
We would like to thank all our school and extended community for all their help, support and expertise over the last few weeks in making these changes possible.
For further information around what to do if you are concerned about a possible case in your household, please click here.
To learn how to effectively clean your hands, please watch the video below.